Eagle STT-18 Industrial Tugger
Product Id Sku:STT-18
Extremely efficient, 48V A/C electric tug tow tractor that can tow up to 18,000 lbs. Sit-down operation. Designed to be used with optional "smart charge" battery and charger systems to allow for opportunity-charging at shift changes and breaks to provide 3 shifts of operation without having to change batteries.
STT-18 Industrial Tugger
At the request of a major U.S. auto manufacturer, Eagle Tugs accepted the challenge of creating an industrial tug tow tractor that would allow them to standardize their global fleet. After years of research and design, with the collaboration of ergonomic and safety engineers and continuous feedback from tug tow tractor operators world-wide, the Eagle STT was born. Eagle Tugs proudly introduces this new generation of electric tuggers that are energy-efficient, ergonomically-correct, and flexible enough to meet material handling needs across multiple manufacturing and distribution platforms.
The STT was designed to maximize reliability and reduce unproductive "down-time". With its solid steel plate construction and its vibration reducing front and rear suspension, the STT features an unsurpassed 1,000-hour Preventative Maintenance schedule. Adding to the STT's reliability is its high-efficiency A/C electric drive, which requires no preventative maintenance. When you team this with a "Smart Charge" battery and charger, the result is a material handling tool with unparalleled productivity that can streamline any operation. If batteries may be an issue for your operation, browse the rest of our tow tractors to find the right fit for you.
By choosing the Eagle STT as the standard for your entire tug tow tractor fleet, the result is reduced cost of ownership by having one set of replacement parts, fewer maintenance personnel, and reduced operator and maintenance training time. Recieve your quote today and be sure to compare features with the rest of our lines of tractor tugs to ensure you have found the right machine for the job.
STT-18 Tow Tug Tractor Features Include:
- 48 Volt A/C Drive - 4th Generation A/C, solid state, with closed loop digital controls
- A/C Brushless Motor - Eliminates Preventative Maintenance
- 340 AH Opportunity Rapid Charge capable
- Regenerative Braking which helps increase battery life and reduce brake maintenance
- Familiar Automotive Controls reduces training time
- Up to 25,000 lbs max towing capacity
- Solid Steel Plate Construction lengthens operational life
- Optional Front and Rear Hitches with remote operation
- 1,000-hour/1-year Preventative Maintenance Interval
- System Diagnostics available using standard display
- Accommodates 5th and 95th Percentile
- Low 8" Step Height from either side
- Fully Adjustable Ergonomic Seat
- Front and Rear Suspension dampens operator and component vibration
- Re-gen Braking activated as soon as throttle is released
- Secondary Hydraulic Braking System
- Electro-magnetic Parking/Emergency Brake standard
- Speed Controls for Loaded and Unloaded operation
- Operator Seat Safety Switch
- ANSI B56.9 compliant
Load Type Ideal for towing loads up to 18,000 lbs.
Drive Wheels 2 Drawbar Pull 1,300 lbf / 5.8 kN Towing Capacity 18,000 lbs / 8,165 kg
Length (without hitches) 73.5 inc / 1,867 mm Width 39.25 in / 997 mm Height 56 in / 1,422mm Wheelbase 52 in / 1,321 mm Turn Radius (outside) 85 in / 2,159 mm Step Height 7.5 in / 197 mm
Frame/Body Heavy duty, fully-welded, steel construction
Suspension Front - Coil Spring; Rear - Dual Rubber Springs Speed Programmable - Loaded & Unloaded Number of Speeds Programmable - Loaded & Unloaded Max Unloaded Speed 6 mph / 9.7 kph Max Towing Speed 3.5 mph / 5.6 kph Steering 14 in / 356 mm Automotive Steering Wheel, power steering Service Brakes Primary - Regenerative; Secondary - Hydraulic Actuated Drum Parking Brakes Automatic activated/deactivated Tires (Drive) 18 in / 457 mm Solid Pneumatic
Motor Schabmueller - 48 V - AC Induction Master Controller Curtis AC Induction Motor and Vehicle Controller Lights (12 VDC - Isolated) Front Headlight, Optional Pole Mounted Strobe and Tail/Brake Light Performance Specification B56.9 Safety Specification UL583
Lights 12V LED Long Life, Optional Pole Mounted Strobe and Tail/Brake Light Instruments Display showing Battery Life, Hours & Diagnostics.