RTT-12 Electric Tugger
Product Id Sku:RTT-12
Our remarkably efficient RTT-12 electric tow tractor will tow up to 12,000 lbs. The tow tractor has a fully adjustable seat for both stand-up and sit-down operation while going mobile. The RTT-12 also includes an optional "smart charge" battery and charger that allow for occasional charging at shift changes and breaks to provide three shifts of service without having to constantly change batteries. Get a quote on the EB2-5 electric tow tractor and other industrial tugs today!
At the request of a major U.S. auto manufacturer, Eagle Tugs accepted the challenge of creating an industrial tow tractor that would allow them to standardize their global fleet. After years of research and design, with the collaboration of ergonomic and safety engineers and continuous feedback from tow tractor operators world-wide, the Eagle RTT was born. Eagle Tugs proudly introduces this new generation of electric tuggers that are energy-efficient, ergonomically-correct, and flexible enough to meet material handling needs across multiple manufacturing and distribution platforms.
The RTT was designed to maximize reliability and reduce unproductive "down-time". With its solid steel plate construction and its vibration reducing front and rear suspension, the RTT features an unsurpassed 1,000-hour Preventative Maintenance schedule. Adding to the RTT's reliability is its high-efficiency A/C electric drive, which requires no preventative maintenance. When you team this with a "Smart Charge" battery and charger, the result is a material handling tool with unparalleled productivity that can streamline any operation.
By choosing the Eagle RTT as the standard for your entire tow tractor fleet, the result is reduced cost of ownership by having one set of replacement parts, fewer maintenance personnel, and reduced operator and maintenance training time.
- 48 Volt A/C Drive - 4th Generation A/C, solid state, with closed loop digital controls
- A/C Brushless Motor - Eliminates Preventative Maintenance
- 340 AH Opportunity Rapid Charge capable
- Regenerative Braking which helps increase battery life and reduce brake maintenance
- Familiar Automotive Controls reduces training time
- Stand-up and Sit-down Operation
- SAE rated 12,000 lbs. towing capacity
- Solid Steel Plate Construction lengthens operational life
- Optional Front and Rear Hitches with remote operation
- 1,000-Hour/1-year Preventative Maintenance Interval
- System Diagnostics available using standard display
- Accommodates 5th and 95th Percentile
- Unobstructed 7" Step-in Height from either side
- 30" Operator Compartment
- Multi-position Steering Wheel
- Horizontal and Vertical Adjusting Stand-up/Sit-down Seat
- Front and Rear Suspension dampens operator and component vibration.
- Re-gen Braking activated as soon as throttle is released
- Secondary Hydraulic Braking System
- Electro-magnetic Parking/Emergency Brake standard
- Speed Controls for Loaded and Unloaded operation
- 14" x 23" Floor Pad Safety Switch
- ANSI B56.9 compliant
Load Type Ideal for towing loads up to 12,000 lbs.
Drive Wheels 2 Drawbar Pull 1,300 lbf / 5.8 kN Towing Capacity 12,000 lbs / 5,455 kg
Length (without hitches) 80 in / 2,032 mm Width 39.5 in / 997 mm Height 40 in / 1,016 mm Wheelbase 33 in / 838 mm Turn Radius (outside) 47.5 in / 1,207 mm Step Height 7 in / 178 mm Operator Compartment 30 in / 762 mm
Frame/Body Heavy duty, fully-welded, steel construction
Suspension Front - Coil Spring; Rear - Dual Rubber Springs Speed Programmable - Loaded & Unloaded Number of Speeds Programmable - Loaded & Unloaded Seat Stand Up or Sit Down (Pneumatic) Steering 14 in / 356 mm Automotive Steering Wheel, Tilt Adj. - Center point, power steering Service Brakes Primary - Regenerative; Secondary - Hydraulic Actuated Drum Parking Brakes Automatic activated/deactivated Tires (Drive) 18 in / 457 mm Solid Pneumatic
Motor Schabmueller - 48 V - AC Induction Master Controller Curtis AC Induction Motor and Vehicle Controller Lights (12 VDC - Isolated) Front Headlight, Optional Pole Mounted Strobe and Tail/Brake Light Performance Specification B56.9 Safety Specification UL583
Lights 12V LED Long Life, Optional Pole Mounted Strobe and Tail/Brake Light Instruments Display showing Battery Life, Hours & Diagnostics.