Product Id Sku:XL-40 AIRCRAFT TUGS
The XL Series is the newest species of Eagle. Featuring a standard Four Wheel Drive, Four Wheel Steer power train, the XL Series offers superior functionality for moving all "single-aisle" aircraft in all weather conditions. The XL Series are front-operator tow tractors which accommodate an operator and up to 2 passengers. Powered by Tier 3 or Tier 4i diesel engines, the XL Series makes you compliant with the latest emissions standards. Loaded with standard features, the XL Series helps you meet all of your aircraft handling needs.
Here is what the XL-40 has to offer:
- 40,000 lbs. GVW to handle aircraft up to a B757 in all weather conditions.
- Four Wheel Drive power train, providing safe, controlled traction on all surface conditions.
- Switchable steering between Four Wheel and Crab Steering for superior maneuverability of and around aircraft.
- Front and Rear Wet Disc Brakes for capable stopping power.
- Several safety features designed in to the XL Series to ensure safe operation.
- Powered by a T4i diesel engine to meet all current emissions standards.
- Ergonomic front-operator compartment that accommodates up to 3 people.
- Low-profile design that allows operators to safely and efficiently handle aircraft.
- Is backed by an industry-leading 3-year/3,000-hr warranty.
- Factory-direct support with the goal of same-day turnaround of all replacement parts.
- Eagle Tugs has over 45 years of experience designing, building and supporting reliable tow tractors.
SKU XL-40 AIRCRAFT TUGS
Load Type Ideal for aircraft up to a B757 in all weather conditions
Drive Wheels 2 Front / 2 Rear Drawbar Pull 26,000 lbf / 116 kN Towing Capacity 360,000 lbs / 163,293 kgs Service Weight Diesel 40,000 lbs / 18,144 kgs Optional Cab - Add 850 lbs / 386 kgs
Length 201 in / 5,105 mm Width 99 in / 2,515 mm Height (deck) 52 in / 1,321 mm Height w/ cab (option) 84 in / 2,134 mm Wheelbase 91 in / 2,311 mm Track 83 in / 2,108 mm Tires (front & rear) 315/80R22.5 Step Height 21 in / 533 mm Ground Clearance 9 in / 228 mm
Frame/Body A36 steel: 2 in / 51 mm Bumper (front/rear) A36 steel: 1.5 in / 38 mm (front); 4 in / 101.6 mm (rear)
Suspension Rigid (front); Trunnion (rear) Number of Speeds 3 Forward / 3 Reverse Max Unloaded Speed 18.8 mph / 30.3 kph Max Towing Speed 3 mph / 4.8 kph Steering Hydraulic 4-wheel coordinated Brakes Wet Disc (front & rear) Parking Brakes Mechanical Dry Disc (rear axle)
Engine Options Diesel Manufacturer (Diesel) Deutz Model (Diesel) TCD 3.6L Interim Tier4 (Tier 3 Available) Rated Output @ 2800 rpm (Diesel) 120 HP / 89 kW Torque @ 2800 rpm (Diesel) 354 ft lbs / 480 Nm Cylinders - Displacement (Diesel) 4 Cylinder / 3.6 L Fuel Tank (Diesel) 30 gal / 114 liters Air Cleaner Severe environment, heavy duty, dry replacement element
System 12 Volt Alternator (Diesel) 95 amp Battery (cold crank) (Diesel) Dual 650 amp Ignition Keyed with anti-restart switch Lights 12V LED Long Life Instruments Dual-unit digital back-lit display offering engine diagnostics and full instrumentation
- Safe Handling Chart
Safe Handling Chart