Eagle Utility Standard Aircraft Towing System - USATS-8
Product Id Sku:USATS-8 AWD
With 8,000 lbf. DBP, a standard All Wheel Drive power train, and up to a 500 lb. payload capacity, the USATS-8 is the ideal aircraft tug for military deployment. The Eagle USATS-8 was designed to move military aircraft up to 60,000 lbs. on all surface conditions.
At the request of the U.S. military, Eagle Tugs adapted their proven, All Wheel Drive (AWD) TT series aircraft tractor into an AWD utility tractor. This combination aircraft tractor and burden carrier is known as the Eagle Utility Standard Aircraft Towing System, or USATS. Engineered to meet the requirements of today’s military flight operations, the Eagle USATS AWD aircraft tractor packs a significant amount of value into a versatile, compact package.
Here is what the USATS-8 has to offer:
- Standard All Wheel Drive power train – providing safe, controlled traction on all surface conditions.
- AWD power train allows for the tug to weigh 1/3 less than a Rear Wheel Drive tug, which makes the USATS ideal for air transportation.
- Certified for air transport in CH-47, C-130, C-5 and C-17.
- 8,000 lbf. DBP for towing aircraft.
- Up to 500 lbs. cargo carrying capacity on a 60 X 90 inch deck, with built-in tie downs.
- Optional adjustable front and rear hitches, from 8 – 16 inches in two-inch increments.
- Ergonomic operator compartment.
- Backed by an industry-leading 3-yr/3,000-hr Warranty.
- Factory-direct support with the goal of same-day turnaround of all replacement parts.
- Eagle Tugs has over 45 years of experience designing, building and supporting reliable tow tractors.
SKU USATS-8 AWD
Load Type Ideal for aircraft up to 58,000 lbs. on all surface conditions.
Drive Wheels 2 Front / 2 Rear Drawbar Pull 8,000 lbf / 35.6 kN Max Tow (Dry - 1% Grade) 112,000 lbs / 50,802 kgs Max Tow (Wet - 1% Grade) 80,000 lbs / 36,287 kgs Max Tow (Snow - 1% Grade) 58,000 lbs / 26,308 kgs Payload 500 Ibs / 227 kgs Service Weight Diesel 7,900 lbs / 3,583 kgs
Length 141 in / 3,581 mm Width 60 in / 1,524 mm Bulkhead Height 74 in / 1,880 mm Flatbed Height 45 in / 1,143 mm Wheelbase 77 in / 1,969 mm Track 46 in / 1,168 mm Tires (front & rear) 8.00 x 16.5 in Step Height 11 in / 279 mm Ground Clearance Wheelbase Center: 9 in / 229 mm Front Corner: 15 in / 381 mm
Frame/Body .500 in / 12.7 mm thick A36 steel Bumper (front/rear) Front .5 in / 13 mm steel; Rear 4 in / 102 mm
Suspension Leaf springs over both axles Max Unloaded Speed 11.6 mph / 18.7 kph Max Towing Speed 4.3 mph / 6.9 kph Steering Hydraulic power-boosted Brakes Hydraulic, self-adjusting split type with accumulator Front Brakes 12 in (disc) Rear Brakes 12 x 2.5 in (drum) Parking Brakes Orscheln-type mechanical to rear brake drums
Engine Options Diesel Manufacturer (Diesel) Yanmar Model (Diesel) 4TNV98 Direct Injection Rated Output @ 2800 rpm (Diesel) 68 HP / 51 kW Torque @ 2800 rpm (Diesel) 186 ft lbs / 252 Nm Cylinders - Displacement (Diesel) 4 Cylinder / 3.3 L Fuel Tank (Diesel) 24 gal / 91 liters Air Cleaner Severe environment, heavy duty, dry replacement element
System 12 Volt Alternator (Diesel) 80 amp Battery (cold crank) (Diesel) 850 amp Ignition Keyed with anti-restart switch Instruments Tier IVi: Dual-unit digital back-lit display with engine diagnostics and full instrumentation / Tier II: Analog Gauges