Product Id Sku :EB2-8
In 1969, the genesis of today's air cargo industry occurred. Eagle was there to answer the airlines' call for an all-weather, high-speed cargo tractor which had not yet been invented. Eagle successfully engineered and developed the Ford F350 Bob Tail for United Airlines at Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Within two decades, the Eagle Bob Tail had become the narrow and wide-body cargo towing standard used by all North American and British Airlines. In the mid 1990's, some cargo customers tried using industrial tractors, converted to high speed use, as Bob Tail replacements. However, by the early 2000’s the converted industrial tractors had demonstrated a track record of unreliability, and excessive driver fatigue and discomfort. Because of these problems with traditional tractors, the Eagle Bob Tail has continued to thrive, and is still the leader in high-speed, long-distance cargo towing today.
Here is what the Eagle EB2-8 Bob Tails have to offer:
- Eagle Tugs was the originator of the Bob Tail design over 45 years ago.
- The Ford F550 Chassis has an unequaled, commercially-proven, reliable drive train and braking system.
- Power steering and braking, ventilated front and rear disc brakes, and heavy-duty wheels and radial tires.
- Ford cabs are ergonomic, comfortable and safe.
- Air Conditioning is standard (can be deleted upon request).
- Rear sight tunnel for direct hitch visibility for the operator.
- Heavy steel plate body and front & rear bumpers, including a heavy tubular grill guard and side protection.
- Powered by an emission compliant Ford Tier IV diesel engine (Tier 2 engines available for export or military use).
- Unparalleled reliability and factory-direct support is the Eagle Tugs advantage.
Load Type Ideal for towing 5-6 cargo dollies long distances at up to 25 mph.
Drive Wheels 4 Rear Drawbar Pull Diesel 8,000 lbf / 35.59 kN Towing Capacity 1st Gear 110,000 lbs / 49,895 kgs Towing Capacity 3rd Gear 50,000 lbs / 22,680 kgs Service Weight Diesel 11,800 lbs / 5,352 kgs
Length 191 in / 4,851 mm Height 81 in / 2,057 mm Wheelbase 104 in / 2,642 mm Track 75 in / 1,905 mm Tires (front & rear) 225/70R19.5F Turn Radius (outside) 215 in / 5,461 mm Step Height 15 in / 381 mm Ground Clearance 10 in / 254 mm
Frame/Body Ford standard Bumper (front/rear) .5" plate steel / 1-3 in (25-76 mm) A36 steel
Suspension Springs and shock absorbers over each axle Transmission – Automatic 6 forward / 1 reverse Max Speed Governed 25 mph / 40 kph Steering Hydraulic power-boosted mechanical: self-centering Brakes Hydraulic, self-adjusting split type with accumulator Front Brakes Disc Rear Brakes Disc Parking Brakes Foot or lever activated - mechanical to rear brake drums
Engine Options Diesel Manufacturer (Diesel) Ford - Tier 2 Only (for military or export) Model (Diesel) V-8 Turbo Rated Output (Diesel) 330 hp / 246 kW Torque (Diesel) 750 ft-lbs Cylinders - Displacement (Diesel) Eight - 6.7L Fuel Tank (Diesel) 40 gal / 151.4 liters Air Cleaner Severe environment, heavy duty, dry replacement element
System 12 Volt Alternator (Diesel) 220 amp Battery (cold crank) (Diesel) Dual 750 CCA Ignition Keyed Instruments Oil pressure, water temperature and fuel gauges / hourmeter, voltmeter and electric horn