Product Id Sku :eXL-16
Four-wheel Drive (4WD), Four-wheel Steer (4WS), 80V AC electric aircraft tractor, offering superior traction and maneuverability, and extremely low cost-per-hour of operation. Front-operator design, which accommodates the driver and up to two passengers, and allows for the use of a second 625Ah battery for long-distance aircraft towing operations. The Eagle eXL-16 is backed by an industry leading 3-year/3,000-hour warranty.
The eXL-16 was designed to move business jets such as the G650 and Global 7000, and regional jets such as the E-195, in all weather conditions.
The eXL-16 Electric Aircraft Tug was designed to share the same features and benefits that have made the Eagle eTT Series so popular. These features include Four Wheel Drive (4WD) for traction in all weather conditions, Four Wheel Steering (4WS) for best-in-class maneuverability, a zero-emission, AC electric power train, and unmatched reliability and performance. Additionally, the eXL-16 was designed as a front-operator tow tractor to allow for an operator plus up to two passengers, and allows for an additional 625Ah battery if needed. The eXL-16 is weighted to handle all regional and business aircraft in all weather conditions.
Here is what the eXL-16 has to offer:
- 16,800 lbs. GVW to handle aircraft up to 115,000 lbs. in all weather conditions.
- Zero-emission, energy-efficient 80V AC electric drive
- 4WD power train, providing safe, controlled traction on all surface conditions.
- 4WS for increased maneuverability of, and around aircraft.
- Front and rear wet disc brakes for capable stopping power.
- Front and rear inching switches for 1-man hitching operation.
- Low-profile design, and direct front and rear hitch visibility, allow operators to safely and efficiently handle aircraft.
- Optional "Smart Charge" battery and charger system which allows the battery to be opportunity-charged to maximize efficiency, with no reduction in the life of the battery.
- Backed by an industry-leading 3-year/3,000-hr warranty.
- Factory-direct support with the goal of same-day turnaround of all replacement parts.
- Eagle Tugs has over 45 years of experience designing, building and supporting reliable tow tractors.
Load Type Ideal for business aircraft such as the G650 & Global 7000, and regional aircraft such as the E-195, in all weather conditions.
Drive Wheels 2 Front / 2 Rear Drawbar Pull 12,000 lbf / 54 kN Towing Capacity 155,000 lbs / 70,307 kgs Service Weight with Battery 16,800 lbs / 7,620 kgs Weight without Battery 12,600 lbs / 5,715 kgs
Length 166 in / 4,216 mm Width 72 in / 1,829 mm Height (deck) 43 in / 1,092 mm Height (Steering Wheel) 53 in / 1,346 mm Wheelbase 90 in / 2,286 mm Track 63 in / 1,600 mm Turning Radius 154 in / 3,912 mm Tires (front & rear) 215/75 R17.5 LR F Step Height 19 in / 483 mm Ground Clearance 9 in / 228 mm
Frame/Body A36 steel: .375-.500 in / 9.5-12.7 mm Bumper (front/rear) A36 steel: 0.5 in / 12.7 mm (front); 3.5 in / 88.9 mm (rear)
Suspension Leaf Spring Number of Speeds 2 Forward / 2 Reverse Max Speed 12 mph (unloaded) / 19 kph Steering Hydraulic power-boosted - 4-wheel coordinated Primary Brake Electric Regenerative Supplemental Brakes Hydraulic Wet Disk Parking Brakes Mechanical - pinion mounted, dry disc
Power Train 80V A/C ELECTRIC Traction Motor Danaher Motion - 80V A/C Brushless Output @ 1300 rpm 55 HP / 41 kW (Peak) Torque (Electric) 210 ft lbs / 284 Nm
Lights 12V LED Long Life Instruments Electronic Display showing speed, battery life, hours and diagnostics Hydraulic Pump 80V D/C On-demand, sensor monitored Inching Feature Operator controlled - FWD/REV switch on front & rear
- Safe Handling Chart
Safe Handling Chart